8/24/2009

When did this thing block pasting?

Really?
... How will I ever update?
The blogging process on here usually follows this sequence of events:
blog on Myspace, Copy, Paste on Blogger, and edit said blog to look nice and neat on this page.
Blah.

Anyway.
Onward, to the survey!
(that I stole from hayleyghoover).

1) What author do you own the most books by?
J.K. Rowling takes the cake (10 books), followed by a tie between James Patterson (Maximum Ride series) and Stephenie Meyer (Twilight series).

2) What book do you own the most copies of?
I used to have two copies of "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone," but I got rid of the paperback one, so I only have one copy of the books that I own.

3) Did it bother you that both those questions ended with prepositions?
No. The fact that the word "of" wasn't between "both those" bothered me instead.

4) What fictional character are you secretly in love with?
If I were currently reading a book with one of those characters within it's pages, I could tell you. However, right now I'm sitting here attempting to think of the correct answer, and I haven't a clue.

5) What books have you read the most times in your life (excluding picture books read to children; i.e., Goodnight Moon does not count)?
I read "The Secret to Platform 13" by Eva Ibbotson three times before mom basically forced me to read something else. I've read Harry Potter 1-4 six times each, and I've read 5-7 twice each.

6) What was your favorite book when you were ten years old?
I honestly can't remember; how sad is this? : (

7) What was the worst book you've read in the past year?
I haven't read enough books this past year to pick one. I need to start reading again, yes?

8) What is the best book you've read in the past year?
I just finished reading "Along for the Ride" by Sarah Dessen, and I have to say that it was really good; I found it hard to put it down when I hit chapter two.

9) If you could force everyone you tagged to read one book, what would it be?
"Skellig" by David Almond; it'll change your life.

10) What book would you most like to see made into a movie?
I honestly can't wait for "Harry Potter and the Dealthy Hallows." Other than that, nothing.

11) What book would you least like to see made into a movie?
"The Looking Glass Wars" by Frank Beddor; it wouldn't be a bad movie, but I don't want the good memories of the book to be tainted.

12) Describe your weirdest dream involving a writer, book, or literary character: I can't remember any, though I'm sure I've dreamt about being at Hogwarts at least once before.

13) What is the most lowbrow book you've read as an adult?
Um. Unfortuantely, I don't fully grasp the concept of "lowbrow" when it comes to applying it to books I've read...

14) What was the most difficult book you've ever read?
"Running With Scissors" and "Dry" by Auguston Burroughs, followed by "A Million Little Pieces" and "My Friend Leonard" by James Fray, and of course "Go Ask Alice" (Anon.), because of the type of book they are; I suffered along with those writers as they faced their worst moments in their lives.
And any William Shakespeare book that I was forced to read in high school; I'm sorry, Bill, but I just don't get it.

15) What is the most obscure Shakespeare play you've seen?
I haven't seen any live, but I've seen movies of "Hamlet," "Romeo and Juliet," and "A Midsummer Night's Dream" (and those aren't obscure).

16) Do you prefer the French or the Russians?
French.

17) Roth or Updike?
I don't have a preference; the most I've read of them are excerpts in an English class.

18) David Sedaris or Dave Eggers?
I have no idea - I haven't read works by either of them.

19) Shakespeare, Milton, or Chaucer?
None of them; I'm sorry.

20) Austen or Eliot?
Austen!

21) What is the biggest or most embarrassing gap in your reading?
Lately, actually. I'm trying to make my way through "The Chronicles of Narnia," but I just can't seem to do it! (There is a good chance that I'm misunderstanding this question; it's 12:33 a.m., and my brain shut off at 10. Hah!)

22) What is your favorite novel?
I can't pick one, honestly. I took a minute to snap a picture of my smaller bookshelf (the first 2 1/2 shelves are favorites), and there are some that I had to leave at mom's.




23) Play?
N/A

24) Poem?
Probably something by Emily Dickenson, or Robert Frost.

25) Essay?
N/A

26) Work of nonfiction?
"Running with Scissors," even though it's an emotional trip every time I read it.

27) Who is your favorite writer?
Sarah Dessen, J.K. Rowling, Stephenie Meyer, and Maureen Johnson (just to name a few...).

28) Who is the most overrated writer alive today?
Good question.

29) What is your desert island book?
"The Chronicles of Narnia." I have all 7 books in one, and MAYBE I'll make some headway into it once I'm on a deserted island.

30) And... What are you reading right now?
"The Chronicles of Narnia" by C.S. Lewis. Other than that, nothing strikes my fancy, though I may reread "Skellig" again to see what that holds for me.

I know some of my answers leave much to be desired; I honestly wish I did have a favorite play, essay, or even poem.
I feel as though I've lead a fairly boring literary life.
My only hope is that my journeys into the world of the English Major will be coupled with a broadening of my literary knowledge.

1 comment:

  1. I love Sarah Dessen! It's okay to not be a huge Shakespeare fan. Just because something is popular, it doesn't mean it has to resinate with you personally. I would suggest, though, that you try reading some of his sonnets, if you haven't. Number 130 is a combination between hilarious and really sweet.

    Thanks for reading and commenting on my blog, Kimbra! I really liked reading your responses. :)

    ReplyDelete