11/07/2009

Bad day, but with good intentions.

This morning, I recieved a text message at 7:30.
Annoyed, I opened it, thinking that it was work or something important.
My eyes met the words "I see you, do you see me?"
These words were sent from a random number that I've never seen before.
I didn't know what to think, do or say; I was half asleep.
"Yup. Clear as day," I respond, trying to be apathetic about the situation.
"Do you know who this is?" they send back.
"No idea. But I'm hoping that you have a good reason for waking me up."
This person said "thank you" at one point, and "good night my love" at another.
I don't remember the specifics because I was definitely still trying to sleep; I had two hours left to sleep, and there was no way I was missing out on them.
Needless to say, this text messaging situation caused my day to get off to a bad start. I felt cranky for the rest of the day, and annoyed at almost every little thing.
The History test during class today, that I conveinantly forgot to study for, didn't help things.
I finally figured out who texted me, and it turns out that I work with him.
I wanted to yell at him. What was he doing waking me up two hours before my alarm went off!?
I did text him earlier in the morning telling him that I didn't appreciate it, and that him giving me the run around about who he was was definitely a jerk move.
I came home eventually, napped for an hour, and worked from 3-9 tonight.
After arriving home, I showered to try to get rid of my funk, and it worked for the most part.
I'm worried about my mom as of late, but that's an entirely different blog post.

I did manage to get some work done on my novel, though not as much as I would have liked.
Did you know that tomorrow is a "double your usual word count in a day" day?
You take your total, divide it by six, and that's how many words you should write tomorrow.
I don't know whether to be excited or freak out.
A combination of both would probably be the correct reaction.

Word Count: 11,378
Words Needed For Tomorrow: 3,792
Exciting!!!!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment