11/02/2009

One Lazy, Yet Good, Day.

I started the day off by going to the two classes that I signed up for on the MWF days.
History seemed like a rapid-fire round as she went through slides, encouraged us to abbreviate what we can, and only write the "bold print." My mom called during this class, and I'm pretty sure I missed a couple of words, but oh well; I got so many other words that I think I'll be fine.
Yoga was intense; I don't remember having a class yet that made me sweat like today's did. We did several lunging poses, and a few balancing poses. The last one was the most intense: a handstand.
A HANDSTAND!?
Yes. Using a medicine ball to give us some support, I used my arms, pulled my abs in, and made the ball move in such a way that I was just on my tiptoes with my butt up in the air. I did that twice. Crazy, yet challenging enough to feel accomplished.
Afterward, I drove the long way to a Half Price Books, and ended up spending a good 45 minutes wandering through the shelves. I found the book that I'm reading for World Lit ("Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas" by James Patterson), a book called "The Unfair Sex" by Nina Farewell (pretty much how to deal with dates and guys, which is nice for somoene who definitely is out of practice), "An Abundance of Katherine's" by John Green, and "Definitely, Maybe" on DVD. All of that ran me about $14. Seems fair, I think.
I went to the Library afterward and printed off the necessary stuff for History, saw my friend Kimmi for a moment, and headed home after paying for the pages.
Upon arriving home, I got distracted by my computer for awhile, and ended up doing my History quiz two days early while watching "The Tyra Banks Show" with my sister.
After finishing my quiz, I napped for an hour and woke up feeling like a million bucks.
I've since added enough words to bring my novel's word count to 2,218, which is honestly very hard to believe considering the amount of NOISE that occurs in this living room (mom yelling out random things, dad's TV, my sister typing, and a cat meowing. Blah).
I honestly can't wait for a laptop. I need tranquility so that I don't get frustrated and STOP writing, which is pretty much what's happened for now.
I need to study for my Spanish test tomorrow, anyway.

I think I'm buying a Macbook Pro for around $700 instead of my sister's boyfriend's laptop; the guys I asked about it said that his isn't worth $500.

I know that I sound like I'm not enjoying this NaNoWriMo journey very much, but I promise that I am.
It's rediculously awesome to feel so good after accomplishing the words I've already accomplished.

I'm just frustrated that I can't be left alone long enough to accomplish more.
This too shall pass : )

Talk to ya'll tomorrow!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment