6/25/2010

Sunshine, Daisies, Butter Mellow...

Hi! I'm in a great mood today.

I got to sleep in until a reasonable time and managed to drag myself out of bed before 1 in the afternoon.
After eating breakfast, I played Animal Crossing for a bit.
I'm going to geek out for a minute here, so bare with me and we'll get through it painlessly.
I love this game. I've been catching fish, bugs, and I finally, FINALLY found a fossil, which happened to be a T-Rex head. I finally paid off my house, and got an upgrade with a purple roof. I have a lemon table and a pear wardrobe that can hold anything. I may get my hair styled differently, and get some different clothes.
See? That wasn't so bad, was it?
We caught Tigger napping ON TOP of the tallest bookshelf in the living room, and had no idea how she got there. She didn't come down for a few more hours after we caught her.
I eventually got my sister to get dressed and run errands with me.
We ran by the Library to print off a few things, the post office to ship my book, then to campus to get something accomplished.
After paying my accuplacer fee, Rachel and I walked past the giant chess board that sits on my campus, and she went over to it, stood on a square, and said "Look Kim! I'm Hermione Granger!"
I have never been more proud of that young woman.
Well, okay, I have, but that was definitely a great moment.
ANOTHER moment that stands out from today (out of so, so many great ones) is when she was listening to a song and started analyzing it. I KNEW my English-loving ways would rub off on her some day.
I didn't want to go straight home after leaving campus, so we drove to a Gamestop where we proceeded to look at games for about an hour. When we left there, we came home, grabbed the stack of games that we wanted to trade in, and went back to Gamestop. I got $81something worth in store credit, and spent all but $9.50 of it. I bought "Jurassic: The Hunted," "Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe," and a couple of games that I don't remember for Rachel.
We went to the book store after that, and I spent entirely too much money there. We started talking to this guy who was pretty nice, had a great sense of humor, and had me hooked by the end of our conversation. Too bad he was taken.
After the book store, we ran by the grocery store, and finally got to come home.
Rachel and I ate, then watched a few episodes of "Gargoyles." We're in the second season on episode sixteen. Only 35 more episodes to go...
After that we played the Jurassic game, but got too freaked out since it's a first person shooter and we don't handle Velociraptors very well.
I played Animal Crossing some afterwards, and got scared by a spider falling out of a tree I shook.
Rachel went to bed around 11:30, and I've just kind of been chillin' since.
I tried putting music on dad's iPod shuffle, talked with my cats (Fang, who is curled up in a ball under my computer chair, talks long enough to tell me he wants outside), cleaned out some music from my iPod, found some AWESOME music within the depths of it, and am charging it to I can do Facebook through it. I know, I'm addicted, and I don't always want to sit here and be on the internet.
I miss my laptop : /

Random:
I finally got some financial aid from this semester, which I will use to take the rest of the classes that I need before I can graduate college. Hopefully I'm done to one semester. We'll see.
I need to take my accuplacer next week, but should probably review beforehand.
I'm seeing John tomorrow for a little bit, giving him this present that I thought of, most likely getting him another one, and enjoying that time I have with him. I miss him.
I work tomorrow, then get to go to my grandma's.
SATURDAY is the fourth of July party. Can't wait!

Okay, I think I'm finally done.

Oh wait, one more thing.
Turn this stupid fat rat yellow!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment