6/15/2010

Three Days Off

I've had the luxury of having a three day weekend of sorts.

Saturday I was allowed to sit around all day, basically.
I woke up to find Rachel asleep in mom's room, and watched her relocate to her room.
I played Sims 3 for two hours, then woke Rachel up.
We went to one store and walked out after standing there lost for two minutes because the lines were so long.
We then went to another store that is in the same strip mall and wandered around looking at all of the super-cool stuff. We ended up leaving with Paki and Turkish Delight, which I haven't tried yet.
When we got home, Dad was here, so we all came inside and hung out for a bit.
I left about thirty minutes later to meet up with John at the movie theater, and we have the pleasure of seeing "Iron Man II" together.
I thought the movie took forever to set up, and had no idea who this random bad guy that they threw into the mix was, but I liked the movie. I liked it more toward the end than the beginning, obviously, but it was still a good movie.
We talked afterward, and I ended up crying because I started talking about things that I usually avoid. I'm sure it doesn't help that I've been overly hormonal lately. I thought that maybe John would freak out, but he didn't. I was surprised when he was nice enough to just... hold me for a minute or so while I tried collecting myself. That, honestly, is the mark of a best friend; someone who comforts you when you need it, and will listen no matter what you have to say. He's such a great guy, and I'm really lucky to have him in my life.
Anyway, the talk was nice. I'm glad that he wanted to talk and catch up afterward : )
When I got home, I hung out with Rachel for a bit longer, and we eventually tried building a bookshelf that collapsed when we were |--| that close to finishing.
We went to WalMart at 2 a.m. and built the second one, which now stands to the left of my bed. I was awake until four a.m. rearranging books, my owl collection, and my other pretty things on the shelves.
Rachel and I also made a video of us singing to her boyfriend, which was kind of fun.

Sunday I woke up around 1:30 p. m. to noises that I didn't need to hear, showered, played Sims 3, bid my sister and her boyfriend goodbye, got ready, ran to a conveinance store, and headed on over to Kimmi's for her joint grad party with her brother Rob.
Honestly, though there were some awkward moments, I had a really awesome time celebrating with Kimmi, Rob, and a ton of our mutual friends. We played Volleyball, ate good food, talked, laughed, and sat in the hot tub. I had a great and fantastic night, and it was awesome to get to hang out with so many spectacular people.
When I got home, I fixed my hair a tad and left with dad to go to WalMart.
We were there for a couple of hours, and I ended up finding two t-shirts in the men's department (a cookie monster shirt, and a purple shirt with a batman logo on it) for $7.50 (as a side note, why should the men get all of the cool shirts, huh!?).
When we got home, I presented the surprise cake that I got for Rachel's boyfriend. He seemed pretty surprised; I think sometimes he thinks that I don't care for him. If that were true (which I am pretty sure it isn't, though it may be sometimes - sometimes I just don't like people, no matter who they are) I wouldn't have bothered with the cake.
Dad and Ben left really late, and Rachel and I settled in to watch South Park/play on the internet.
Obviously I didn't get into bed until late, so obviously I didn't wake up until late.

Well okay.
I woke up to my phone ringing at 10, and answered it at 11:30 when mom called back.
I went to wake Rachel up, where I recieved a "I will hurt you if you don't go away," and got into a fight with her over her damn box fan. Never. Again.
I was the one who ended up crying and coming back to my room to try to sleep.
Rachel came and apologized, and obviously I didn't respond right away. Why should I have? I was trying to do mom a favor by waking her up, and Rachel threw a temper tantrum.
We did end up making up, which is good, but Hell. Never again.
I slept from whenever Rachel left me alone to almost 3 this afternoon.
I went in to mom's room for a bit, went to the living room, and ended up going back and forth for a little while.
Ethan came over, dad came over, and I got to deal with a chatty teenager (who I love dearly) and a still-drunk dad while trying to relax.
After we all ate (the kids were nice enough to provide me with chicken nuggets that were oh so very good), Ethan left with his mom (who dropped in after a little while) and my family and I went to the laundromat to wash our clothes.
Dad left when we got back here, and mom, Rachel and I settled in to watch TV/chat.
Rachel went to bed eventually, and I sat up with mom until 3 despite a headache that just wouldn't go away.
I played Sims 3 and laughed at all of the late night shows with her, and at 3 we said goodnight and went to our separate rooms.
I popped in "Dan in Real Life," which I never get tired of watching. There are SO many good quotes and life lessons and it's just... a wonderful feel good movie.
I should probably sleep soon, though; I work tomorrow around 5:30, and though that's late in the day, I should probably wake up decently.

I know it seems like I really didn't rest at all on this "three day weekend," but I so did.
And, even if I didn't, who needs rest anyway? Seeing people and doing things is much more fun.
And it also seems like I spend a lot of time crying these days. I don't know what it is (Or maybe I do and just don't feel like throwing that out here quite yet), but it needs to maybe kind of sort of stop.

Oh! I forgot to mention that I started, and finished, "The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner" by Stephenie Meyer today. It was oh so very good, and a quick read. It was kind of upsetting that things couldn't work out for Bree and Diego, though; even Stephenie wishes that she could write things differently.

Alrighty, that's all from me. I've been typing for the past 45 minutes.
Goodnight : )

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment