7/25/2010

111th Post

For those of you who aren't aware (very few are, really), I joined Blogger in 2006.
I put a hastily written profile that stated that I didn't want to meet anyone through this, and didn't even plan on using the blog; I was just trying to keep up with one of my friends.
It's safe to guess that my screen name was Midgety Hobbit, and I have no idea what the title of the blog was.
I stumbled upon it randomly one day (could have been the day I googled myself, or through an email that blogger sent me), and have since changed everything.
The name is different, the profile is entirely different, there's a picture that I like, and I'm using this as my main blog.
The transition from secondary to main blog is very recent and I'm not sure how long it will last. I hate that this blog is so public, and that there are no privacy settings. I am careful with what I say and how I say it, and I'm vague whenever I need to be. I try my best not to include information beyond the basics so as not to get myself or anyone else into trouble. On my other blog, I didn't have that problem.
Anyway, so I've been using it throughout this year, and am now on post 111. That's a pretty big deal, since I created the blog four years ago with no intention of using it.

Today was pretty awesomely good.
I woke up around 12:30 p.m. because my body couldn't be asleep anymore. Yes, my eyelids were still heavy, but my body was ready to go.
I woke up, hauled my laptop and book to the living room, plopped down onto the couch, chatted with Rachel and Ethan, and ended up playing "Animal Crossing."
At some point I did make myself some eggs and toast, and actually opened my laptop. I started researching movie times for "Inception," and ended up having to get ready fairly quickly in order to make one of the afternoon ones.
Rachel and I arrived at the theater around 4:10, purchased our tickets for the 4:10 showing, and rode the escalaters to our theater.
This movie blew my mind several times. I had a hard time keeping their reality and their dreams separate for the first half of the film, which was the point I'm sure. I caught on toward the middle, but was still blown away at how complex everything was and how precise things had to be. The ending, however, pissed me off. We were left with no real conclusion and to speculate what exactly happened. To me, it was obvious what happened, but since the movie wasn't concluded I got to argue for an hour and a half with Rachel about what the ending was. I even asked Eric, who was nice enough to explain it to me, and even though I told her what he said she still wouldn't believe me.
At 7, we pulled into our driveway, and I called dad to make sure he was awake. He came over around 7:30, and asked if we wanted to go out to eat. Rachel, he and I ended up at an all you can eat Chinese food buffet that we've been to a few times. I'm not a fan of Chinese food, but I did load my plate with a salad, a couple different kinds of shrimp, corn nuggets, a roll, bacon shrimp, and grapes. I ate a lot of what was on my plate and got pretty full. I went back for dessert, which consisted of a weird cookie that didn't taste good and some cantelope, eventually stealing a few bites of Rachel's ice cream.
When we got home, we all flopped into our designated spots and I ended up reading and talking to Kimmi for awhile. We have tentative plans to take a trip in a few months, which I'm actually pretty excited about. I haven't been to our chosen destination in awhile, and am quite looking forward to going there again.
I ended up researching the movie adaptation of "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo," and there are two versions within two years of each other. One was released in 2009, and one is supposedly being released in 2011. They make the movie seem really intriguing, and I'm hoping that they pull it off because the book is far less exciting than all of that. Well, it is up until part II, then it picks up a bit. But even at page 381 it seems boring at times. All that is keeping me going at the moment is that I want to see what happens at the end.

I suppose that's all I have for today.
I'll write soon.
Maybe tomorrow, maybe not until the next day.
We'll see.

Currently Reading: "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" by Stieg Larsson
Awesome Backstory: Stieg Larsson died in 2004 shortly after he delivered the manuscripts for his trilogy. He didn't live to see his books in print.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment