7/25/2010

Hello, You.

Today was great at first. I woke up and watched an episode of "Gargoyles" with Rachel, then one of "Cowboy Bebop." I eventually ate, and all was fine until mom came into the room and informed me that she wanted Ethan to stay longer than originally planned. "Long enough for him to save money for a car," she said.
They know how I feel about him being here, and how much this situation is driving me crazy. I whined at first, then I got mad. I finally ended up walking away, because we weren't getting anywhere; I was just getting more pissed off and frustrated, and mom obviously wasn't going to come around to my way of thinking at that particular time.
So I got ready for work, ended up crying out of frustration, and got a mini, unneccesary, lecture from my aunt about how families help each other. Yes, okay, please DO tell me about how families help each other when you're the one who threw your son out in the first place. And while you're at it, talk to me like I don't know what sacrifice is and that sometimes it is necessary to do so for your family. I know all about sacrifice and the things that come with it.
Throwing someone out of your house isn't sacrifice; it's disposing of a problem selfishly. And handing it to someone else, who really doesn't need to be raising your child.
Needless to say, I was pretty pissed off by the time I left for work.
Oh family Drama... how I did not miss you.

Work was actually pretty good. The Head Hancho was there again today, and so was one of my friends who I hadn't worked with in awhile, so that was nice.
I got to eat Laffy Taffy, talk with my managers and co workers, and help customers who didn't ask weird questions. The first half of the day was pretty good.
I let my manager know in a round about way that I'd be interested in a promotion. To a Front End Supervisor. Though I'm not a huge fan of the register, I think I could manage that. I could do office stuff, reset planograms, stock things, help customers, ring people up... the usual thing. This came up after he explained to me how things are shifting, and he said he was looking to maybe find another FES.
In response to me saying "Dude, you should give me a shot," he said "Could you yell at those [people] to keep them in line?"
"Yes," I said. "I know how to yell, believe it or not."
"You would have to handle customer complaints about coupons and stuff."
"I'm pretty sure I could do that."
"Huh. Wow. I had no idea that you would be interested. I'll keep that in mind."
So there ya go. I planted the seed, and now all I have to do is wait and see what happens.
I eventually called my mom and patched things up with her and attempted to explain my outbursts earlier today. I did apologize (as I did with Ethan last night). She offered to bring me a snack to work, which I accepted gratefully.
I recovered some, and I have to admit that I started entirely too early. My side kept getting torn up, and I found stuff up until after we closed. On the foam/feather aisle, there was a package of feathers open and spewing everywhere, and quite a few feather boas on the floor... It looked like someone genetically engineered a multi-colored goose, brought it to the aisle, plucked it, and were generous enough to leave the feathers as a gift to me. Thank you, but no thank you.
Mom found me as I was recovering, and we hugged after she presented me with gifts. "You're mine," she said. "I think I'll keep you."
I love her. You have no idea how much I truly do appreciate her, and the unconditional love that she has for me. I would be really, really lost without her and Rachel. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't be who I am today; I would be way, way worse.
She left shortly after presenting me with food (yogurt, peanut butter crackers, and a diet coke), and I went back to the break room to put my food away. I ended up taking my break since my coworker was heading back, and I read some more of my book.
Remember that boring book that I complained about a few blogs back? Yeah, neither do I. About halfway through, this book became intriguing and hard to put down. And it's such a quick read now! I hardly recognize this book. I didn't know that Stieg Larsson had it in him.
The rest of the shift was just like any other: I drank some cherry slush that a coworker was nice enough to get me, put away gobacks, recovered, and had a grand old time.
We got out around 9:30, and I came home to my lovely sister greeting me at the door with "Who are you? You don't live here." To which I responded to with a fake pout, turning around, and walking back out. She laughed and said she was kidding. I laughed and came back in the house. Our relationship is weird, yet awesome.
This is the same kid who, when I karate chopped her, pretended to be dead. I love her.
I ended up watching one of "Improv Everywhere"'s videos because she discovered them today and was EXCITED to show me.
I then showered, shaved my legs, and joined the rest of the family in the living room to watch a movie. In between the showering and the rest, I scared Ethan by shouting something down the hall; he had no idea I was home, apparently.
We watched "The Time Traveler's Wife," which was so intricate and weird and saddening and joyous and good all at the same time. I almost cried several times.
We then dispersed to our seperate quarters, and I eventually went into mom's room to chat with she and Ethan.
When I came back in here, I read and watched "Sleeping Beauty." I was actually going to say that I really like something that happens in the middle of it, but I can't remember what it was. Ohhh well.
That brings you up to speed. I'll write soon!

Currently Reading: "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" by Stieg Larsson
Memorable Quotes So Far: "In the evening, he went to the cinema to see The Lord of the Rings, which he had never before had time to see. He thought that Orcs, unlike human beings, were simple and uncomplicated creatures." (Narration)
"And you were just twenty the other day. How fast it all goes. Life, that is." - Cecelia Vanger

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment