7/30/2010

Times are Changing, Good Things are Coming

For those who don't know, I've been going pretty stinkin' crazy the past few weeks.
I've been having a rough time dealing with my family, getting into arguements with them, bending to the will of a sixteen-year-old entirey too often, and trying to stay sane enough to go to work and live a normal life.
Thankfully, I think the worst of all of that is over, and things are about to improve.

- Ethan is moving out soon. Most likely. This is the second night that he's been at his parent's house, so I figure he'll go ahead and move home.

- I'm getting a promotion. I'm being promoted from a sales floor associate to a front end supervisor. I'm getting a raise, I'll be in a position of authority, dealing with customers on an entirely different level, and deal with the cash drawer/closing registers when I close. This will be challenging, yet fun. I think I can do it. I'll still recover, so that's good; something is remaining consistant in this time of change. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. I start training on Monday, and by Friday I should be able to function by myself. Bring it on!
As a side note, tonight was my last night closing on the floor and recovering Arts and Crafts. Kind of bittersweet : /

- We're getting a new washing machine. A guy down one of the streets bordering ours is a washing machine repairman, and he said ours just cannot be fixed. So mom is buying a referbished one for under $200. I honestly can't wait; I would love to be able to do laundry at home again.

- I get to see John tomorrow, which I have actually been waiting to do for two weeks. I don't know what we're doing or where we're going, but I don't really care. I miss him and can't wait to catch up.

- I get to see Mason on Monday for the first time since the Spring Semester, which I'm pretty stoked about as well. I don't know what we're doing, but again I don't really care. I'm just excited to see him.

- Speaking of guys, I haven't seen Eric2 in two weeks either which is kind of a bummer. If you read this, we need to fix that.

- I bought two WheezyWaiter t-shirts, which I'm going to LOVE. I can't wait to get those in the mail.

- The guy at work that I've been kind of sort of interested in for awhile got a ton more cute lately. I've been trying to work up the courage to ask to exchange numbers and hang out, but that hasn't happened. I did almost do it today, but I was too busy panicking because I had no idea what to do with the stuff on the U-boat I was working on. Oh work. And guys.

- School starts in a MONTH. I'm stoked. I can't wait to finish this semester and go through next semester and get a degree. Heeeck yes!
Side note: I think I've decided to become an English Professor when I grow up. Maybe do some freelance editing for people; I'm an editing machine.

- I'm doing Blog Every Day in August, so look for that. I'll try to keep the posts kind of short, because who wants to read an INCREDIBLY LONG blog post every day? Noooot me.

Okay, I suppose that's all of the good things for now.
I'm going to go beat my body into submission with more tylenol.

I'll write soon!

Last Book Finished: "Max" by James Patterson
Memorable Quote: "Your mind creates your reality. If you expect nothing, you open up the universe to give you options. If you expect the worst, you usually get it." - The Voice

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment