8/11/2010

I Don't Even Care That I'm Three Hours Late

Of course I was out entirely too late tonight, and of course I didn't think ahead to the consequences this action would cause with BEDA and working at 9 a.m.
Honestly, I could care less. I love having a life outside of blogging, Facebook, Youtube, Myspace, Twitter, and work.

Speaking of work...
I did work today. I worked from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., which meant another early day. Which meant another day working as a groggy cashier/FES who wasn't even fully awake until 11:30 a.m.
I did the usual junk, and taught the newest of the cashiers how to do a few returns and use our walkie talkies. I also helped with beads in an attempt to get them knocked out, because there was a full box and a full cart that my coworker was working on. Beading can be pretty insane.
I counted down my drawer alone, ten minutes prior to my shift ending. I wanted to get out of there, and there was no way in Hell I was going to wait an extra five minutes waiting on the other FES.

After work I came home, ate, texted Cliff, texted Mason, texted Eric some : ), got directions to the house where Mason was, and kidnapped him for awhile.
The goal was to get my neck tattoo touched up, because Cliff thought it needed it. I went to the original place that I got it, and they closed down. No signs or anything. They've done this before, and they remodeled and reopened, but I figure that they won't open again; the guys there were jerks.
I drove us to the bank, to another tattoo parlor, and ended up not wasting $50 on the touch-up; it's not bad, and the guy who looked at it said it would look the exact same anyway.
I brought Mason back here, and we ended up watchinga a Jeff Dunham comedy movie via netflix. Then I ate some pizza since it was here, and left with Mason in tow shortly after that. While I was gone, my family was nice enough to do my laundry and go to WalMart for me.
I drove Mason back to the house where I picked him up, and ended up going inside. I met one of his "brothers," and watched as he proceeded to play a video game. After a few smoking trips (for the brother), a trip to a taco place, and arriving back at the house, we watched him play more video games. Mason and I sat in this LARGE armchair, and I felt myself drifting in and out. I finally just fell asleep for thirty minutes, switching positions every so often, and flinching a couple of times because of noises in the game. When Mason's other "brother" and his girlfriend arrived, we poked fun at each other and jested and had a merry time. It's hard to keep up with those fellas, but I eventually caught on. We ended up watching MORE video games, and eventually went to IHOP to play "Life" (apparently people actually go up to IHOP and play board games; I had no idea until recently). We spent a good two hours at IHOP, playing Life and watching Mason psycho-analyze people. I finally had to take my leave at 2:30, because I was freezing and still have to get up at 7 a.m. for work. I want the daytime FES back; I want to sleep in. Whiney whine.
I had a lot of fun hanging out with those fellas. They're whitty and smart and didn't seem to hate me nearly as much as I expected them to. One of the brothers actually warmed up to me faster than expected, though I'm sure he still didn't like me.
There were a ton of vulgar jokes made, which you would think would creep me out, but they didn't. Some were pretty annoying, but when you're hanging out with guys you just have to let it roll off. Luckily I've had a guy best friend since Freshman Year of high school, so it wasn't too surprising.
I didn't even get a hug, which sucked, but I did get a "toodles" from one of the brothers so I supposed that'll have to do.

Now I'm home, reeking of stale cigarettes (we sat in the smoking section at IHOP) and not being able to do a thing about it because I work in six hours, and have to wake up in four. Awesome.
I'm also still freezing, which sucks because I was literally shivering, got warm, and now I'm headed back to shivering.
Despite these couple of things, I had a good day. It was fun hanging out with Mason and his brothers and I think we will have to do it again soon.

Just so you're aware, I've started writing again after taking a pause. Expect some sort of surprise within this month.

Currently Reading: "The Collected Poems of Emily Dickenson."

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment