8/24/2010

I Should Get Ready for Work...

Last night got a bit more eventful after awhile.
I watched "Jersey Shore," which, unfortunately, is one of my few vices. I have to watch that show to see what happens and to make fun of the people in the house. I also texted with Eric a little, and heard from John for the first time in two weeks. Eric and I have plans for tomorrow, and John and I are supposed to discuss plans for sometime during the weekend.
I eventually took a shower around 8.
After showering, I returned to my phone to discover a text from Mason.
He wanted to know if I wanted to hang out with he and the guys, and of course I did. So I waited for my hair to dry to see what it was going to do (it actually curled really well), warned Mason about my mane, and headed over there around 9:30.
Upon arrival I received a hug, and we went inside. I watched Mason play 'Zelda' while one of his brothers snoozed on the couch and made noises in his sleep that made me giggle. His other brother arrived home from work after awhile, and we all ended up playing "Mario Party 4," which I hadn't played before.
That game is a ton of fun but can get super long if you let it.
We went outside after awhile and ended up chilling out there while talking to Mason's brother's sister.
We took a couple of trips up to Race Track, played more Mario Party, and ended up chatting outside for a couple of hours after the second trip to Race Track.
By that point it was 2 a.m. I left at 4:40 after hearing funny stories and video game tales and book summaries and element explainations. After chatting with Mason some one on one, we hugged and I headed on home.
When I got home I did my usual sweep of the house (which starts and basically ends with checking on mom), changed into my jammies, and passed out in bed.

Today I woke up around 8 a.m., woke mom up, and crashed until 9.
She woke me up then, and I had to force myself out of bed and into clothes. I scarfed down some toast, drank a diet coke, poured myself in the front seat of the car, and tried to hold a conversation with mom while my eyelids threatened to close.
When we arrived at the doctor's office, I sat perched in a waiting room chair hoping to everything that is good that I could stay awake long enough for mom to be led back there. After that, I could pass out if I wanted.
Mom left to use the restroom and didn't come back for awhile, so I pulled a second chair in front of mine and ended up getting into different sleeping positions in those two very uncomfortable chairs, using mom's jacket as a pillow.
I slept like that for two hours until a text from Mason woke me up, and these two old ladies with very annoying voices kept me awake for the rest of the time. I settled in to read my book, and caught a man looking at me as if he expected me to be sleeping. I stared at him for a minute before returning to my book, and eventually caught others hoping to see me sleep again. I must have put on quite the show -_-
We left around one, dropped mom's medicine off at Walgreens, and came home. I ate and now have to get ready for work because I have to be there in thirty minutes. Yikes.

Currently Reading: "The Bermudez Triangle" by Maureen Johnson

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment