8/26/2010

Making This Quick

It's 2:34 a.m., I have to be awake by 7:30 a.m., I only have 29% battery left on my laptop, and I'm in the middle of a movie.
I'm updating anyway. All for you.
Yaaay?

Yesterday went pretty well.
I slept until 3 in the afternoon, because apparently I was tired.
I went to work from 5 to 9:30, did all of the stuff that I was supposed to do, and got to come home eventually.
I didn't encounter any problems during closing, which was nice for once. Except that my numbers STILL won't work when ti comes to printing reports. Blah.
Eric came over after work and stayed for awhile. We played "Street Fighter IV" for most of the time that he was here, and most of that time was spent trying to get me to understand that there were strategies and planned moves and competitions involved.
Honestly, I had no idea. Who knew that you had to half moon down and hit X and O at the same time in order to do a special move? Not me.
Eric was nice enough to leave the game here so I can practice and get better. I did improve while he was here, but I've got a ways to go.
That was actually pretty fun for awhile. I did get tired and quiet toward the end, and realized why when I looked at the clock and it was 2 a.m.
Before we left he handed me a Nirvana CD, and we had a good second hug.
I went to sleep around 3.

I woke up around noon today, got my glasses (which I still have yet to get used to), got Subway, received a phone call from work, and ended up clocking in an hour early.
There was no point to getting there early. I didn't know what to do, and no one would tell me what I could actually do to help speed the planogram process along. I did end up doing all of the usual stuff, and eventually taking my break, but honestly this night sucked. I was feeling really bubbly and happy when I got there, and was dragged down by my manager's negativity. At one point I asked for someone to grab line one, and she told me to take care of it. I was ringing people up at the time, so I couldn't. Five minutes later I asked again, and we had a quick arguement about why I couldn't get it myself. I finally ended up saying "Look, I'm ringing people up and busy. I don't care who gets line one, but PLEASE, someone get line one."
On top of that, she wasn't very helpful. She could have told me to do the NUMEROUS go-backs up front when I asked what to do, but she waited until the END of the night to say "and by the way, you're helping with the go-backs." I retorted with "Before or after I close all five registers?"
Bullcrap.
So one of our employees ended up recovering everything except my section, and doing the majority of the go-backs. That was unfair, and I plan on mentioning it tomorrow if our Head Hancho is there. No matter how much work is to be done, people should still do their damn job, instead of having one person do everything.
I got to come home around 9:30, and Mason came over shortly after I got home.
We lefta little bit after he arrived to get Wendys for my family, played Jumanji for a bit before I said "no more," played Disney Sorry, and now we're watching "District 9" which is actually pretty good. I just watched some guy's head get blown to bits. What is it with me not being able to avoid gore lately?

Since there's so much negativity in this blog, I'll name good things that happened:
- Nirvana. I really like this CD.
- Hanging out with Eric
- Hanging out with Mason
- Checking my bank account to find a large amount of money that is ALL mine
- Being able to finally buy college textbooks
- Sleeping in
- Subway! and Wendys. I need to stop eating fast food.
- Getting to snuggle into a fuzzy blanket

Okay, thaaat's it.
I'll write tomorrow.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment