8/13/2010

My Favorite Parts of Me

Today I worked from 9 in the morning until 4 in the afternoon with Cliff, again, and was on the register for most of that. I got a break and a lunch and time to read Emily Dickinson's poetry and eat and complain to Cliff about the stupid cashier at Sonic who didn't know how to listen (I ordered a grilled chicken wrap, a medium diet coke and medium dr pepper; she heard ROUTE 44 DIET COKE. What? No. Then when I fixed it, she still didn't get the grilled chicken wrap and I had to order that separate. How can one do a casheiring job correctly if one doesn't listen!?) and counted my drawer fifteen minutes before time to leave and got done with two minutes to spare. I clocked out, called Dani, texted Mason about me sitting at a stop sign that I thought was a stop light (this has happened only ONE other time, three or four years ago, when I was also very, very tired), and my phone died. When I got home I plugged my phone in, had my very first phone conversation with Dani in months (yes, we're talking again, which is nice), and took a nap once we got off of the phone. I need to stop taking naps, but my eyelids were just so very heavy.
And that, my friend, is my very uninteresting day up until this point.

I finally, finally have a day off tomorrow. You wouldn't think that working four early days in a row would be disorienting or draining, but when you sleep like I do it tends to happen.
I have absolutely nothing planned for during the day; this allows for some awesome sleeping in time. Though I know that I will most likely make myself wake up around noon or one.
Tomorrow night I have dinner plans with the ladies to celebrate of Kimmi's 21st birthday, and I can't wait. I haven't seen the girls in a few weeks, and it'll be nice to catch up and eat some delicious food in the process.

Sunday I work from 2 til 8:30, Monday I'm off, I work tuesday through friday (closing shift on wednesday, but opening on all of the others), and I'm off again on Saturday.
This whole "working" thing really cuts into one's free time, doesn't it?
Oh well! At least I get money. And a few short days.

I read a youtuber's blog a few minutes ago, and she wrote an entry including a song and tied that to things she likes about herself. While I would love to do that, I do not have a song in mind to use, and I don't feel like finding one. So here's a small list of things I like about myself, because sometimes it's nice to focus on good things about me instead of things I need to change.

- I'm flexible when it comes to planning.
- I can put up with a lot of bullshit (though sometimes I choose not to, because bullshit gets old, man).
- My sense of humor, though sometimes people can't tell whether or not I'm joking.
- My eyes, smile, and butt.
- The fact that once I know something, I know it for as long as I need to.
- The fact that I can write, and do so decently.
- The fact that I don't care about everything (it's a learned trait, honestly).

Aaaand that's all I feel like listing.
I'm sure there are other things, but I'm groggy and annoyed.
Also, my cat has curled up in my lap, making it awkward for me to type on my laptop.
I'm hers, you know...

Here are more Emily Dickinson Excerpts!

XIX:
"Pain has an element of blank;
It cannot recollect
When it began, or if there were
A day when it was not.

It has no future but itself,
Its infinite realms contain
Its past, enlightened to perceive
New periods of pain."

XXVII:
"I'm nobody! Who are you?
Are you nobody, too?
Then there's a pair of us - don't tell!
They'd banish us, you know.

How dreary to be somebody!"

XXXII:
"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all,

And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.

I've heard it in the chillest land,
And on the strangest sea;
Yet, never in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me."

XLI:
"The soul unto itself
Is an imperial friend, -
Or the most agonizing spy
An enemy could send.

Secure against its own,
No treason it can fear;
Itself its sovereign, of itself
The soul should stand in awe."

Okay, that's all from me!
I'll write tomorrow!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment