8/22/2010

Altered Plans are Fun

So after waiting for about a month, the CiCi's thing FINALLY happened last night.
I only had the pleasure of seeing two people that I hadn't seen in awhile, but that was still nice. I don't realize how much I really miss people until I see them, and after seeing them I just hope that I don't miss them even more.
We ended up stuffing our faces (I was pretty hungry by the time dinner rolled around) and catching up while making fun of each other and remembering the good times at CiCi's. We talked about old managers, power outages, me busting my ass (which was mentioned twice), people who we liked, people who we didn't like, having three people in the kitchen who had no idea what they were doing (I was one of them), and more awesome funny stories.
After the meetup, we went to the "store," WalMart, then to one of the girls' apartment. There, we played apples to apples, had a few drinks, and had a pretty good time. I actually had a bit more than planned but that ended up being alright. No one left until around 1:30 a.m., and we all made it home in one piece.
I came home and chatted with people until 3, and finally passed out around then. I was pretty dang tired.

Today I woke up at 11:50 a.m. to my cat meowing, then at 12 to my three alarm clocks, then at 12:15 to a text message. Nothing wanted me to sleep past then, did it?
All I've done so far is assess how my body is functioning (quite well, actually) and move to the couch.
I'm enjoying the fact that I can have a down day, watch movies with my sister, and that I don't plan on drinking anything; time to take a break from that.

We were supposed to go out of town, but mom said she wants to stay in town to help dad apartment hunt (we want him out of here). So yeah, we're just being lazy and relaxing, though we could be at my grandma's by the end of the night and eat amazing burgers that my uncle made.
Seeing my family is a plus, too. I miss them. I haven't seen them since the weekend before the fourth of July.

I also didn't type up the blog I was planning since I got home so late, but that should happen later on today.

Okay, well. Sorry for the disjointedness of this blog. My brain is still pretty tired from my late night.

Have a great day, and I'll write tomorrow.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment