8/17/2010

Time Doesn't Exist Here

Last night actually got much better.
I watched "Hudson Hawk" with mom and Rachel, and was struck by how much it seemed like "Pulp Fiction." There were random spurts of gore in there, most of which I looked up just in time for. I would be doing something on the Internet, look up, and see some guy blow up and a woman covered in his pink-tinged remains. All I could do was stare at the screen with eyes like this: O.O
I ended up having a few good conversations with people, and one great one with Eric that lasted from 1 a.m. to almost 3 a.m., when I finally had to sleep.

I woke up bright and early this morning so as to be at work by 9 a.m.
Today was painfully boring. Well, okay, maybe it wasn't too bad. I had to exchange our register lights for the halloween pumpkins (I KNOW! It's too early), so I got to climb up onto the top of the registers and fiddle with that. Cliff made fun of me because I'm obviously vertically challenged and I was the one who had to do the lights. We spent half of the day debating who would win in a fight between The Hulk and Spider Man. I'm with Spidey, all the way, and so were most of the people we asked. Other than those couple of things, I ended up walking around the front of the store and cleaning out the tower baskets up front around 80 times. No, I didn't count, but I spent five and a half hours up there so I'm sure that's accurate.
When I got home I texted Mason and Eric (who said he would call, and didn't), took a nap, woke up around 5, got ready for my night, and headed over to Mason's brothers'.

There is no possible way to put into chronological order what all we did. With them, it's all about impulse and doing what's fun at the time. Time doesn't exist there; they do things well into the early morning.
I do know that we started off by playing Call of Duty, and the fellas were nice enough to train me. Once I felt like I could most likely shoot things and run around aimlessly, they took to kniving me in the back and shooting me down when they saw me. I did get a headshot, and assisted with a kill, and got revenge, which was nice. Poor Mason had to cover me during most of that time, though.
We ended up going to Race Track for drinks (they were nice enough to let me use a refill cup), a Taco Place, then back to the house where we proceeded to sit out back, chat, and get eaten by mosquitos.
After awhile one of brothers left, one put on a show for us and eventually took a shower, and Mason and I left to go to The Bookstore. After walking around for awhile, I purchased three books: "The Bermudez Triangle" by Maureen Johnson, "Frankenstein" by Mary Shelley (Shellie? Shelle? I don't know), and some other book that captivated my attention that I'm not sure what the title is... It's late and I don't feel like getting out of bed to look.
Then we went back to the house, left a minute later, and arrived at a Hookah lounge that was actually pretty far out there. We arrived in good time because one of Mason's brothers is a speed demon, and I was following him. Therefore, I am a speed demon. Sweeeet.
Upon arriving, we showed the lady our IDs, sat down, jammed to music, watched the movie that played silently on a big screen TV, talked with guys who wanted to know what concerts are happening soon, made fun of each other, and smoked "Inception" and "Kryptonite" flavors of Hookah. It was actually pretty fun, though I didn't have any good come backs for when the boys made fun of me, so I ended up just sitting there quietly until the fire ceased.
We left there at 1 a.m., and went back to the house again. I hung out there with Mason and one of his brothers, petted the doggies (they were so scared but so adorable), watched them get on the social networking websites, chatted with Mason, woke his brother up on accident when I turned out the lights after grabbing my stuff, sat out back talking, and I finally came home around 2:45 a.m.

It's 3:46 a.m. now, and I'm exhausted. My hair smells like Inception and Kryptonite mixed with ciggarettes (though the effect is that of a fruity smell), I have a random red mark on my left cheek from the table out back (I believe; I have no idea where it came from), and my eyelids are so heavy that I'm fighting them with every passing moment.

Tonight was fun : )

<3

Edit: I forgot to mention a couple of things. 1) I was introduced to Rob Zombie and Five Finger Death Punch (not the real live people, but the music), and was impressed with what I heard. 2) Dad was here yesterday when I got off of work, and he had, indeed, been in jail.

No comments:

Post a Comment