8/15/2010

Where Did the Day Go??

I woke up at 12:30 p.m. today, sat in my spot on the couch, talked with Rachel, sent in a form to get out of Jury Duty (I received the summons last night), flipped this couch cushion over so that my feet stop going inside of the huge gash in it, got ready, and clocked in at work by 2.
Honestly, today was crazy nuts. I was only at a loss as to what to do for the first hour and a half or so, at which a time I thought I would hard ticket items. But every time I stepped away from the register for more than five minutes, a line would build, and I would have to get back on my register (I did manage to find time to call Cliff in because we were short a person on the floor, and I promised him lunch for being so nice). Even as I was trying to take a fifteen minute break the line stretched back into the middle of the store, so I got called back up front (even though we already had two cashiers ringing. I know!!). I did get to finish my break, and buy some gum. Then I rang a ton, talked with the people who came through my line (actually chatted, which is fun when they're nice enough to do so), was able to get off long enough to recover, sent my cashier to clean the bathrooms, closed registers while my back-up cashier watched the front, and was out of there by 8:30 p.m. That extra hour (we're open until 7 on Sundays, usually, but today we had a special coupon) went by extremely fast. It was really odd how many people were still there that last hour... Usually the store is pretty empty by then.
I encountered a small problem when I took the registers down, but otherwise that process went smoothly.
I got to leave at 8:30, shortly after the cashier and floor person, and came on home.
I grabbed some dinner, and may go on a walk here soon.
I asked Eric if he wanted to come over but didn't receive an answer, so I figure that's a no.
Clever, I know.
I may even work out on the Wii fit.
This day seems entirely too short... I'm not ready for it to be over yet...

Tomorrow I plan on running a ton of errands, feeding Cliff (if he remembers), and perhaps filming a vlog since I haven't done that in awhile.

I'm still writing, so you can still expect a surprise here soon.

Okaaaay I'm done. Bye!

Currently Reading: "The Collected Poems of Emily Dickinson"

<3

Edit: I ended up chatting for a bit on Facebook chat, kidnapping Kimmi, and taking her on a walk; I really didn't want my day to end at 9 p.m. We went up to the walking trail, walked in one direction for six minutes, then turned around because ALL of the lights went off at once. Creeeepy. We walked to the park once we got close enough to do so, tried swinging on the super squeaky swings, and ended up on the merry-go-round. I honestly don't think that there is anything more peaceful than laying on a merry-go-round at 11:45 p.m. with one of your best friends while staring up at the stars, and I will be very shocked if anyone can prove me wrong. I loved those fifteen or so minutes spent on the playground, and honestly want to star gaze more often; I love star gazing, and always forget until I find time to do so. We came back to my house at around 11:45, and watched TV and talked with my mom for around an hour before I took her home. After I got home, I came back here, but now I'm more at peace with the fact that my day is over. Which is nice. I'm actually pretty sleepy, so I may actually sleep soon o.o

No comments:

Post a Comment