10/10/2010

A Very Busy Week

I know I've been scarce the past week, but it's only because I've been extremely busy.

Tuesday I did the whole work thing, but I'm not sure which shift. I think it was during the day, and I took a nap that afternoon, and woke up around 6 p.m. Kimmi came over that night, and we went and got Subway. Amanda called while she was here, so I invited her over and we had a girls' night of sorts. We went to WalMart eventually and I ended up buying an office set (desk, filing cabinet thing, mini-book shelf), and we built the cabinet/shelf. I filmed videos of both indeavors, and only posted the shelf one because the cabinet one was entirely too long. The girls left around eleven/midnight, and I ended up going to Mason's friend's house to hang out around, like, one or two. I watched them all play Halo Reach and wrote a quick essay that I forgot about. After awhile we excused ourselves and went to sleep, because it was late and we were really tired.

Wednesday I woke up super early, got ready, bid Mason goodbye, and drove to campus, stopping at Jack in the Box on the way (which was a huge mistake; tooo much food).
Classes went decently that day. PE was my favorite; we had the option of working out on the cardio machines or walking around our track in the beautiful weather. I walked outside while listening to my iPod, and did the designated stretches when I got inside. Everything else that day was relatively normal, though I did fall asleep in speech class during a lecture about our upcoming project; I dropped my papers, causing my friend in there to nudge me every few minutes after realizing that I fell asleep.
Ah, college.
When I got home, I'm sure I napped for awhile.
I have no idea what I did with the rest of this day, actually.
Whether or not I went to the house that Mason was sitting or what.
I'm sure I did at some point; I was over there off and on all week, though I tried to keep my distance so that the boys could have their time.
Pretty sure I slept over at the house, though; I may have watched video game play and did math homework.
Actually, that may have been the night that Mason's friend sat with me talking about my Math assignment until I finished it; he tried to help to the best of his ability, which was awesome.

Thursday I woke up early, came home, crawled into my bed, and slept until noon.
I woke up, showered, started my laundry, picked Rachel up from the swimming pool, waited on Mason and his friend to arrive, got everyone loaded into the car, and we were on our way to my grandma's.
The drive there was nice, and mom was nice enough to stop for food on the way.
Upon arrival, we said hello to my uncle and walked to the river since the sun was shining.
We said hello to the paint horse down there, and visited a couple of relatives.
Eventually we were allowed to go back to where ALL of the animals are (chickens, goats, sheep, pigs, a GOLIATH pig, roosters, and two horses). We pet them for awhile, and went to the dock once we were finished with them.
Uncle Eldon was fishing when we got there, so we each (besides Mason's friend) got to catch a fish (Uncle caught five or six before we got there, so they were biting fairly well before sunset).
We went back to the house and ended up visiting with my grandma a bit, played Dominoes, chatted about Anime (Rachel and Mason's friend's sister are really into it, so he knew about a ton of it).
Mason and I went outside for a bit to look at the stars and be mushy, and went inside after a little bit because I was cold.
After chatting more, we left around 10:30 and headed home.
I spent the night at the other house that night, and after rewriting a stupid Government essay that I didn't remember the prompt to, Mason and I went to sleep. We stayed up for a bit longer comparing the Bible to the Torah, because the desire to do so has been weighing heavily on my mind for about a week. I thought it would go away, but it didn't; the desire to compare and learn more eats at me. I was struck by the idea randomly during PE, and am being steered more and more toward the Torah as the most reliable source of "Biblical" information. I'm interested in seeing where this path takes me.
After that we basically went to sleep.

Friday I woke up super early for classes, got a honey butter chicken biscuit from Whattaburger, and drove to campus.
Classes seemed really long this particular day, though I only had four as opposed to the usual five.
When I got home, Mason came over and napped with me, then we went to get his friend from a college campus (after stopping for ChikFillet). We drove there, found his friend, and drove home. We spent a few hours over at the friend's house being silly and watching them play "Soul Calibur IV." Then they switched to Halo Reach, and it was time for Mason and I to leave.
Upon arriving home, I made room to rearrange my furniture, moved things around, set up my desk, filing cabinet and shelf, put things on them and in them, moved my desktop in here (it's fixed, by the way, thanks to Kimmi) (Mason helped with the furniture, of course), showered, did laundry, and settled in on the couch between Rachel and Mason to watch him play F.E.A.R.
That game is creepy. I don't care who you are, or what you say; it's scary. Watching men who were reduced to creatures skitter around on all fours, like spiders, and kill things isn't anything less than terrifying at two a.m.
We went to bed really late, and woke up early the next morning.

Yesterday morning, I followed Mason to his sister's house, rode with him to CVS then Subway (where we all proceeded to eat some food, obviously), and eventually ended up driving us out to his Papaw's. We spent the morning and early afternoon tearing apart tree limbs, putting them into piles and stacking wood for firewood. We left around 2:10, drove back to his sister's, said goodbye, and I hauled ass to work.
I was five minutes late, but clocked in ten minutes late due to having to change clothes (or pants, rather. I changed my shirt in the car by putting my work one over my t-shirt and taking my t-shirt off from underneath). After counting the drawer, the other FES was free to leave, and I took over. This shift was almost flawless; we had three cashiers and two floor people. One of the cashiers helped with go-backs, and I was able to close all of the registers by 9:30. The others got to leave at 9, when we closed. I came home, took some time to myself, did a math assignment that took almost two hours, dealt with drama here, and visited with Mason for a bit before saying goodbye to him and laying down to write this post.

Today I woke up at 8:45 a.m. in order to be at work by 10. I trained a new guy today on the register, and it seemed to go pretty well. I was able to show him the eccentric side of my personality toward the end, since I started to wake up. The register started encountering problems toward the end of my shift, and I'm not sure how that turned out. I left at three thirty, slept until 5:36, and woke up to John calling and saying "Hey punk ass, wake up. I'll be there in twenty minutes." I dragged myself out of bed, got dressed, and started my math assignment that is due in two hours. When he got here he said "Turn the TV on. The Cowboys are playing. It's fourth quarter." The odd part is that I thought to turn the game on, but thought it was over and done with; apparently it wasn't. The Cowboys lost because of some very stupid mistakes that makes the fans want to strangle them; I had my jersey t-shirt on and changed directly after their stupid loss. John went up to WalMart with me, where I purchased razer blades, and I swung by Burger King for his dinner. He was here for about an hour after we got back, and took his leave so that he could do some homework. I showered after watching "The Amazing Race," and ate dinner after that. Now I'm contemplating what I'm going to write my prose poem over, and how I'm going to go about writing it; I'm not a fan of writing poetry at all, so this is going to be FUN.

Alrighty, I'm finally caught up.
I'll write soon : )

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment