11/25/2010

Thanksgiving

Life is good.

It is currently Thanksgiving (as I’m typing this… maybe not so much when I’m able to post it), and I’ve realized (yet again) that I am very blessed.
I had the pleasure of talking to Mason until the early hours of the morning and sleeping in until noon.
I woke up and stumbled out to the living room in my pajamas, saying hello to the other members of my family (who, as usual, woke up before me).
I sat out on the couch, eating mini muffins and waking up, and got dressed once the rest of the family arrived.
I heard Owen say “Where’s Kimbra?” before heading back to the living room and giving him a big hug. I visited with my family quite a bit, as is customary on Thanksgiving, and actually enjoyed it immensely. I can’t tell you every moment, but I can tell you a few that made me realize how much I truly do love my family.
While Ethan was watching a movie, Uncle Eldon changed the channel to a football game. Detroit and New England were playing, and Ethan exclaims “But I don’t like either of these!”
My grandma amused Lotus with her voice microphone, and she smiled and laughed to the noise it made when Mamaw pressed the button.
Rachel was holding Lotus and making her dance by moving her arms, and mom was waiting to be passed the baby. She fell asleep while waiting, her arm still extended expectantly.
I pretended to kick Owen in the head and then karate chop him (while he was sitting in the floor), and he fell back pretending to writhe in pain.
The prayer. My family says a blessing every year before we ate, Thanking God (G-d to me) for the food He provided and for bringing us together. My Uncle Byron said it today, and it was quite honest and heartfelt.
Eating the food. The turkey was the best I’ve ever had, and the dessert table called my name so loudly that I had to come back for a second plate just for dessert. I couldn’t eat it all, mind you, but I liked it.
I took an hour long nap after eating while Rachel and Owen watched “The Wizard of Oz,” but they didn’t get very far. They left and let me sleep.
After I woke up from my nap my uncle started talking to me about calendars and was extremely excited that I bought so many. He needed them for his house and was giddy that there was a stack sitting there. I let him keep most of them, and plan on purchasing a pocket one for him and a few more for my household.
I joined the kids and my aunt at the river and popped in on the relatives down there, and we got to see the animals again. I got pictures of most of them which will be up on Facebook soon.
Uncle Byron pretending my grandma’s microphone was a “Mr. Microphone” and talking into it.
The Cowboys game, which is ever present in EVERY house down here. No matter who we go see, they have the game playing in their living room, taking breaks from the conversation to comment on a play that was just made.
Wrestling with Ethan.
Mamaw, Byron, Ethan and I playing Dominoes and, sadly, losing against the guys.
My family picking on each other.
We only have a few hours left to be together, which is almost saddening. I wish I could stay longer, but can’t because I have work at 5:30 in the morning.
I’m thankful for a lot of things this year - my family, my closer friends, Mason, waking up to live each day, safe travel, a break from work and school, and time to experience everything. There is more, but if I sit here for much longer I may miss time with my family.

As for a quick update:
I’m going to San Antonio this weekend with Kimmi, and we’re going to have a blast.
I got to see Rae and her husband and kids, and I met her son for the very first time. He’s precious, and her daughter is adorable. We didn’t do a lot, but I’m grateful that I got some time to spend with her; I really missed her. I’m hoping to see her Sunday for her daughter’s birthday party, which is from one to four in the afternoon. Hopefully Kimmi and I are able to make it.
I told Rae about my conversion, and she didn’t know what to think, but said that as long as I’m happy she’s happy for me. And she could tell by looking at me that I am happy. “You look happier than I have seen you in a very long time,” she said. “I like it.”
Mason has been gone all week but will be back on Sunday. I had a hard time with the separation at first and didn’t think I could make it to Sunday, but now that it’s Thursday I’ve come to terms with it and am just counting down the days until I get to be in his arms again. I really miss him, and honestly can’t wait to see him.

Okay, I’m going to go. I don’t want to miss the ending of the game, even though we’re losing.
I’ll write soon!
Happy Thanksgiving! And I hope you’re life is going well!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment