4/10/2015

(I) Am...

Some of you may not know me, so I guess it is only fair to give you an introduction.

My name is Kimbra. I was named after my dad whose middle name is Kim.

I am twenty-six years old until December 5th. Every year I get closer to thirty freaks me out. I honestly thought I would be on my own, with a full time job that pays more than $10.50 an hour, married, with children by 30. I only have a few years to get on that.

I have written three and a half novels (3 completed, one not), none of them published, one of them revised. I've been writing since I was a kid and have plenty of ideas floating around in my brain.

I slept with a night light until I was twenty-two years old, when I put glow in the dark stars on my ceiling (because they're cool, duh).

I would prefer to wear pajamas or jeans and a t-shirt; dressing nicely is kind of foreign to me but I can make it work when I have to.

Make-up doesn't make much sense to me; I wear it rarely but when I do it's usually eye make-up and dark circle concealer.

I listen to a lot of rock and alternative music (Five Finger Deathpunch, Papa Roach, Linkin Park, Evanescence, Avril Lavigne, Avenged Sevenfold, Chevelle, Sia, Regina Spektor, Secondhand Serenade, Evans Blue, FUN, Goo Goo Dolls, Pink, Good Charlotte, Ke$ha, Lady Gaga, Lost Prophets, Rob Zombie, Seether, Thirty Seconds to Mars, Three Days Grace, Trapt, Weezer, and many more).

I read A LOT of books. The job I have now allows me to read in between things, so I can read at least two books a month.

I do roadside assistance in a call center for a living. I've done it for two different campaigns, and have been doing so for almost two years, minus my brief span of time grading calls for one of the campaigns.

As mentioned in previous posts, I struggle with depression.

I have finally found the man that I'm willing to marry and be with for the rest of my life.

I have a younger sister (by two years) and three younger cousins who are like siblings to me.

I am part of the Doctor Who, Harry Potter, Disney, Pokemon, Digimon, Marvel/DC Universe, Parks and Recreation, and probably a few other, fandoms.

I have a huge obsession with anything related to owls. I have a large collection of them with a variety of items within it.

I wear my heart on my sleeve, and express my feelings easily. I am angry most of the time, like the Incredible Hulk. I cry a lot. I laugh and smile easily.

I have a terrible memory.

I am a feminist, as soon earlier during this challenge.

I have friends but rarely see them because I am so bad at keeping dates and appointments and getting in touch. Also, I'm one of the people that think they are bothering friends when they contact them.

I am a fan of justice.

I prefer cats over dogs, and rats are amazing pets. Snakes are kind of eeky, though.

I hate Dinosaur documentaries.

I like watching TV shows but can rarely sit through a movie. I do like different types of movies though.

I have many nicknames that only a few people have pleasure of addressing me as.

I am a giving person, only being selfish when it comes to very few things.

I have six tattoos.

Sometimes I feel like I am of the most basic of average intelligence, but I know more about people and the world than I let on.

And... there you have it. Those are a few things about me. I'm sure you'll learn more throughout the month.

< 3

1 comment:

  1. It is nice to meet you and hear about some of your interests.

    ReplyDelete